This cocoa cookie was released by our pastry Kashi team to celebrate Valentines' day. It's chocolaty, light, and with a hint of sweetness that goes perfectly well with a cup of coffee.
This recipe will make about 20-25 cookies with a 4.5 cm round-shaped mold.
- 60 gram Butter
- 8 gram Hazelnut praline
- 40 gram Powder sugar
- 0.2 gram Salt
- 10 gram Almond powder
- 18 gram Eggs
- 115 gram Flour
- 15 gram Cocoa powder
- 0.5 gram Cinnamon powder
How to make:
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and cinnamon powder into a bowl.
- Soften the butter, add the hazelnut praline, and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and combine well with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the almond powder.
- Add the eggs to the mixture one-third at a time, mixing well each time.
- Lastly, add the sifted flour, cocoa, and cinnamon powder mixture to form a dough by using a slicing motion.
- After the dough is well-combined roll it into a ball and let the dough rest in the refrigerator for about half a day to a whole day.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, and let it rest until the dough is at a malleable firmness.
- Preheat the oven to 153℃ (in a home oven that is not as strong as an industrial oven, preheat it up to 160-170℃).
- Roll out the dough to a 3-5mm thickness and cut the cookies with an approximately 4.5cm diameter cookie cutter (will result in about 20-25 cookies).
- Bake the cookies in the 153℃ oven for 13 - 15 minutes, or 160-170℃, in a home oven for 15-17 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this cookie recipe! These cookies will taste even better paired with a cup of pour-over or milk coffee.