This is our basic recipe for pour-over light roast coffee; read through and watch the brew guide by our head roaster Kosuke to make your perfect cup of coffee at home!
What you need:
- Light roast coffee
- Conical Dripper
- Conical paper filter
Kurasu Basic Recipe:
- Coffee: 14g
- Grind size: coarse
- Hot water: 200g (91℃)
Step by step:
- First pour: 0:00, +40g
- Second pour: 0:40, +60g (Total: 100g)
- Third pour: 1:10, +50g (Total: 150g)
- Last pour: 1:40, +50g (Total: 200g)
- Finish pour: Approx. 2:30
- Spend 10 seconds on each pour. By pouring hot water in a fixed amount of time, your pour-over will be consistent throughout.
- Agitate after the first pour. Agitate with a teaspoon 2-3 times in order to bring our pleasant acidity.
- Make the second pour steady and aggressive. This will bring the rich sweetness of the coffee.
- Make the third pour nice and gentle. The purpose of the third pour onward is the adjustment of concentration level.
- Give it a final stir after the last pour. The first and final agitation will make the extraction consistent all the time.
- Finish at approximately 2:30. Remove the dripper from the server once water is no longer visible on the coffee bed.