Brewing with Aeropress is a hybrid of brewing with an immersion dripper and filter brewing. What makes Aeropress special is that you can press the coffee which incorporates pressure into the brewing process. In this recipe, we will Kurasu's recipe for the inverted brewing method.
What you need:
- Aeropress Coffee Maker
- Aeropress paper filter
- Coffee beans
- Coffee grinder
- Coffee: 14g
- Grind size: Medium-fine grind
- Hot water: 200g (91℃)
- Total brewing time: 1:25 - 1:30
Step by step:
Start by rinsing out the paper filter with hot water.
- Add coffee grounds to the inverted Aeropress chamber, before pouring 200g of hot water as quickly as you can in one go.
- Stir 3 times and wait for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, stir 3 more times and attach the Aeropress mesh cap with the paper filter onto the Aeropress chamber.
- Set the server on the cap of the Aeropress before flipping them and pressing them down, which takes about 20-25 seconds.
- Don't press the Aeropress plunger all the way down to prevent any muddy and unpleasant flavors.